Thursday, July 24, 2008

Chicken Noodle Soup



Another easy dinner with Homemade Gourmet! I got caught up with cleaning today that I forgot the take the chicken out of the freezer. But, not to worry, I'm a Homemade Gourmet Consultant and I know all about fast meals! I looked at all of the HG mixes in my personal stash and found a Chicken Noodle Soup mix. This was perfect! Not only does it just take 20 minutes, but I also had left-over shredded chicken from last night's meal.

I've been on a little health kick recently and read in my Woman's Health book that you should eat a cup of broth based soup (like chicken noodle or vegetable soup) at either lunch or dinner to help you fill full. So, not only was this a very quick dinner but a healthy one too! One cup is 110 Calories, 1 g Total Fat, 10g Total Carbohydrate (which is great for my diabetic diet), and 15 g of Protein. We also had Multi-grain crackers and fruit. I"m not going to add any meat to my next batch of soup as I want to take the suggestion from my WH book and eat 1 cup of soup at the start of my dinners.

Clean up was super easy. Only one pot and I have leftovers for tomorrow's lunch!

No comments: