Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Update on Freezer Meals

A couple of weeks ago my friend and I created 19+ meals (list below) so here's a little update.

4Burgundy Beef tips
2 Cilantro Citrus Chicken
2 Asian pork loins
2 Italian Mozzarella Chicken
4 KC Burgers-16 patties total
2 Garlic Basil Pasta Casseroles
3 batches of HG Spaghetti Sauce

The first meal that I had was the KC Burgers. On practice nights I like to have something that is very easy to get done with very quick clean up! I grilled the burgers on my George Foreman grill. While the burgers cooked I was able to slice tomatoes and get out the other needed ingredients. I also premade HG Mock Spianch Dip earlier in the day....so we had chips and dip along with the burgers. Both of my kids (6,3) ate an entire burger themselves! I made all 8 patties and saved the leftovers for later. My family ended up eating burgers again the next day for dinner. I had had a late lunch and wasn't hungry for an early dinner, but no one seemed to mind that they were eating burgers again! No cooking and basically no cleaning!

I also used one of my HG Spaghetti Sauce batches with the Italian Meatballs I had for a spaghetti and meatball dinner. I also served a salad. I can never go wrong with Spaghetti in my house! We had the leftovers for lunch the next day.


We've also had the Garlic Basil Pasta Casserole. I pulled this out of the freezer about 2 days before serving it. I dumped half of the casserole into a microwave safe bowl and heated it up. I served this with a salad and garlic bread. This is another one of those meals that I didn't have a bunch of clean up or prep time. I simply got the bread in the oven, tossed the salad and warmed up the casserole. We used paper plates which helped with the cleaning. We had the other half for dinner 2 days later.

I was very excited to try the Italian Mozzarella Chicken dinner! It's a newer recipe that I had not tried...I'd only heard from other HG Consultants about how wonderful it was. I baked it in the oven, covered, for about 50-55 minutes....the chicken breast were thick. I steamed up a bag of long grain rice with mixed veggies and I also steamed corn on the cob. This is one of my favorites new recipes! The only difference is that next time I'm going to bake this with brown rice on the bottom and then dump the entire mixture over it. It makes a lot of sauce and the rice would absorb all that yummy flavor!

Yesterday we had Burgundy Beef tips. I had a HG gathering yesterday evening so I wanted to make sure to have dinner for my family before I left. By the time that my husband got home the beef tips were in the crock pot on warm and I had cooked egg noodles on the stove. All he had to do was to serve it! This is also great served over mashed potatoes or rice. There was only enough leftovers for me to have for lunch one day this week. It's a nice feeling that I can leave for an event and my family still has a warm dinner to come home to.

I can't wait to try the Asian Pork Tenderloin....It's a favorite for many of my customers!

No comments: