Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Quote of the Day...And Time Savers


"Food is essential to Life. Make it Good!" Truett Kathy

I saw this quote today while I was sitting at Chick-fil-A. I thought, "How perfect."


Dinner today was easy again. I made my enchilada casserole. I pulled my cooked, Taco seasoned ground beef out of the freezer last night to thaw. Today when I got home I pulled a can of tomato sauce, my meat, shredded cheese, enchilada seasoning, and corn tortillas...about 5 minutes later dinner was in the oven! Warmed it up for 20 minutes. This is always a family favorite. Kathryn took one bite and said, "this is so good" Jose had seconds.

Time Saver Tip:
It doesn't take any more time to brown 5 lbs of beef then it takes to brown 1 lb. Just bag the rest in quart sized freezer bags in 1 to 2 cup portions. Then sprinkle 1-2 tablespoons of either Homemade Gourmet's Taco or Garlic Basil Seasonings in the bag.
Forgot to thaw....defrost quickly in the microwave(yes, in the freezer bag)!

Quick meals to make with your precooked meat.
Taco Seasoning:
Taco soup
tacos
enchiladas/or enchilada casseroles

Garlic Basil:
meaty spaghetti sauce
spaghetti casserole

1 comment:

Allie Gower said...

the quote is by Truett Kathy :) isn't it so appropriate - I love it and use it on all my customer e-mails!

Allie Gower
scrapncook.blogspot.com