Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Kansas City Brisket



On Sunday I wanted to prepare something very easy. I didn't want to be interupted during the commericals!! Who cares about the game, I was watching for the new commericals. Well, last week I had prepared 7 meals for my freezer. One was a Kansas City Brisket. I pulled the brisket out the night before, but it was still frozen. I used a crock pot liner for this meal. So I put the bag in the crock pot and set it on high for 6 hours. We made chopped beef sandwiches! The meat was so tender it just fell apart! My husband-not being a fan of brisket- just loved it. I was so happy to show him I can make a great brisket!! Kathryn just loved her sandwich too. She asked if I could put them in her lunch. They were so tasty that no one complained having it again for Monday's dinner!








Kansas City Brisket

4lb brisket
3 tbsp Homemade Gourmet Kansas City Rub
1/4 cup ketchup
1 can cola

Combine 1st 3 ingreidents in a gallon size freezer bag. Smoosh.

Crock pot: Defrost, place in crock pot, add cola and cook on low for 4-6 hours.

Serving suggestions: Serve with corn on the cob, potato salad and HG colesslaw. For dessert enjoy HG Double Chocolate Brownies. Or serve as chopped beef sandwiches.

Left Over idea: Serve as chopped beef baked potato.

No comments: