Friday, July 27, 2007

Dinner Solutions

Since I was out of town and then my son fell and needed stitches, I haven't found time to go to the grocery store! So, last night I needed something quick to make...everyone was starving and I didn't want to 'go out to eat'. I looked through my HG mixes and found 2 that I wanted to try. I pulled out our Easy Fried Rice and our Rice and Bean casserole mix. I checked the directions and saw that the Fried Rice only took 20 minutes and the casserole 1 hour to bake. I decided on the Rice. It took only minutes to get it together. Since it had to simmer for 20 mintes I decdided to go ahead and prepare the Rice and Bean casserole. I was done preparing the casserole and put it into the freezer before the Rice was done! I even had time to sit and watch the Disney Channel with Kathryn! Now I have a quick meal for this weekend. The Rice and Bean casserole did not return this season, but I'm sure glad theCreamy Italian did. I think the Burrito Skillet mix replaced the casserole. I was able to try it at Family Reunion and it's really good!

TIP:
I love the Glad freezer to oven to microwave pans!! Keep these on hand. I like the 8x8 size. They are fairly priced and are reusable! They help to have keep your freezer full. So go ahead and prepare a few casseroles at a time. You can bake them at that time then freeze to reheat when needed, or put in freezer to bake at a later time. Make sure to cover with foil paper before placing the lid on. I also taped the label on it so I'll have the directions handy.

No comments: