Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Freezer Meals


Sunday is my grocery day. That's when the new sales begin. I use http://www.thegrocerygame.com/ and the Houston Chronicle(for coupons) for maximum savings.


The boneless chicken breast was on sale, so we got a large size pack. When I got home I immediately pulled out 4 of my Pantry Staples: Tortilla, Garlic Lemon, Chipotle, and Chicken Enchilada. I also grabbed my small jar of Picante sauce, oil, and a can of low sodium chicken soup. I grabbed 4 gallon sized freezer bags , labeled them, put 4 pieces in each, and went to work! Each meal calls for 3lbs of meat-or 4-6 pieces. You can even make the exact meals with steaks or pork chops.


Meal 1: Creamy Tortilla Chicken
4 TBSP Tortilla Soup seasoning
1 can low sodium chicken soup
1 can water
Seal bag and smoosh.


Meal 2: Garlic Lemon chicken
3 TBSP Garlic Lemon Seasoning
2 TBSP oil
1/4 c water
Seal and Smoosh!


I cubed the chicken before putting it into the bag. I plan on using this meat with salads for lunch.


Meal 3: Chipotle Chicken
2-3TBSP Chipotle steakhouse rub
2TBSP oil
1/4 c water
Seal and Smoosh!


Meal 4: Chicken Enchilada Chicken
3-4 TBSP chicken enchilada soup seasoning
1 small jar of pace picante sauce
half jar of water
Seal and Smoosh

This didn't take me very long. Now I added 3 meals to my freezer. I kept one out.

No comments: