Wednesday, August 8, 2007

What to do with 5lbs of Ground Beef?


I had 5lbs of ground beef -that I got on special-and needed to do something with it today. Well, I took 2 lbs and put in a bowl. Then I took the remaining 3lbs and put into a large pot to cook. I sprinkled a little Garlic Basil seasoning and left it alone. Then with my 2lbs I sprinkled 4 TBS of Kansas City Rub and about 4 oz of tomato sauce to make KC Burgers. These were really great! It gave the meat just enough flavor. Jose grilled them and they were nice and juicy, not one bit dry...way to go Jose! kathryn ate her entire burger!!
By the time I finished shaping my burgers the Garlic Basil meat was done. I drained it and let it cool off while we ate. I put 2 cups of meat into 3 different quart sized freezer bags then labeled them as Garlic Basil-2c-8/8/07. Now I have quick and easy meals for a later time!! Have I mentioned how much I love Homemade Gourmet? Oh, almost forgot, I also had 2 burgers left that I froze-great for a quick lunch, just crumble on a salad with your favorite dressing.
*As you can see in the picture, these bags lay nice and flat and don't take up much space.


No comments: