Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Proud Mommy




I'm so proud of my precious daughter!! She made our city's 6U All-star softball team, Pearland Power!! She has come a long way from playing with the dirt in the outfield three years ago to an awesome hitter and a did a great job this Spring at 1st base.


I've been so busy with practices, meetings, games, and tournaments that I've haven't had much time to post much on my blog. But I must say....thank goodness for Homemade Gourmet!! Even though we haven't been able to eat many meals at home, HG has helped us have some home cooked meals. If I didn't have these easy meals to put together we definitely would have been eating out all the time!
Some of the fastest meals that I've been able to put together have been spaghetti and meat sauce with a side salad. I keep my freezer stocked with precooked/seasoned ground beef (Garlic Basil) and have spaghetti sauce already made. You can't go wrong with spaghetti....the kids love it and it only takes a few minutes to cook the noodles and heat the meat and sauce...then it's out the door for softball!!


Something else that has helped with this busy time is to keep shredded chicken in the freezer. I've been buying the rotisserie chicken from my local Wal-Mart, and I bag the remaining chicken in quart-sized freezer bags for quick salads.....the Apple Pecan Vinaigrette is a new favorite of mine and I keep this in my refrigerator!!. I've also been keep plenty of fresh fruits around.

So, even in the busiest of times, you can serve your family a very healthy and delicious home cooked meal!

I'm also thankful for having HG as a business. I've been able to stay home with my little one and I'm home when my daughter gets out from school. There is no way I would have been able to get her fed and have her homework completed if I still had a 9-5 job. We are usually out the door by 5:00ish on most nights and get home late....just enough time to get the kids a bath and read them a book or two.

Back to being a proud Mommy....The 6u Pearland Power took home a first place trophy last week at a local tournament!! The Power has been district and state champions for the last 3 years, and we are making our way to the 4th straight win.....I'll keep you posted. District is this weekend and state is at the end of the month.




The 6u Pearland Power is still looking for sponsors...please contact me if your company would like to make a tax deductible contribution.






No comments: