Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Another 5lbs of Ground Beef....

I took out another 5 lbs of ground beef Monday and pulled out my Italian Mozzarella Seasoning and Taco Soup Seasoning Pantry Staples and went to work.

First I put about 1 lb of beef to brown. I did not use any seasoning for this. While that browned, I made an Italian Mozz Meatloaf. I put 1 1/2 lbs of the meat, 1 egg, 1/2 c ketchup, 8 TBS of the Iatalian Mozz seasoning, and mixed together. I put this mixture in an 8X8 Glad plan-I love these...they can go to the freezer to oven to microwave to dishwasher! I covered it with foil and wrote on it 'Italian Mozz Meatloaf'-the date and the baking directions. Then I covered it with the lid and put in the freezer.

I drained the 1lb of meat and put it all into a quart size freezer bag-labeled. Then I browned the remaining meat. I added about 5 TBS of the Taco Seasoning. I divided this into 2 freezer bags. Now I have a meatloaf that can go frozen into the oven and be ready by the time I get home. I'll only have to make quick mashed potatoes and green beans to complete this yummy meal. My kids will eat this up.

I can make beef tacos and an enchilada casserole (or a western meal casserole) with the Taco seasoned meat.

The unseasoned meat....well, its for Sloppy Joes! With 5 lbs of ground beef I have 4 meals waiting in the freezer!

No comments: