Thursday, September 20, 2007

Cornbread Casserole

I'm afraid I must admit I dropped the ball today! I completely forgot to take out my Chicken Enchilada Chicken out of the freezer this morning. I was a wreak at about 5:00 today when I realized it. I started to panic, but then I told myself to calm down because I have pre-made seasoned ground beef. Problem was I couldn't remember if I had any pasta noodles.

Once I got home I checked my pantry and pulled a can of diced tomatoes and beans. I then grabbed my bag of Homemade Gourmet Texas Cornbread and pulled out my Taco Seasoned ground beef. I didn't have a can of corn so I got a bag of frozen veggies. I mixed my cornbread as per the directions on the label-have I mention how yummy our cornbread is? I put my veggies in my Pampered Chef microwave bowl. Then I put the bag of meat in the microwave to defrost. I pretty much mad the Taco soup, but without the water. Then I dumped this in a 9x13 pan and then poured the cornbread over it. Placed it in the oven at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. So In 45 minutes dinner was ready! Once again, with a little planning and Homemade Gourmet I was able to get dinner on the table with very little time and effort!


Love our Taco Soup? Next time you make a batch of Taco soup and have leftovers, just drain the soup and mix it with Texas Cornbread for a great leftover casserole!


Homemade Gourmet Texas Cornbread has a light and delicate texture and is less dense than some tradition corn breads~it's the best!!

1 comment:

Youthleadergina said...

Thanks for the idea! I have leftover Taco Soup in the freezer, so I will make the cornbread casserole tomorrow! Yummy! I love HG cornbread.