Monday, November 26, 2007

Easy meal on a lazy Sunday evening




The last day of the holiday approached very quickly!! It was already Sunday! It was also time to clean. We had our traditional Sunday breakfast at McDonald's then headed straight home for some house cleaning....kids at home for a few days=messy house!


Dinner was on my mind as I'm cleaning the kitchen and I smiled as I thought of my Burgundy Beef Tips meal kit that was in my freezer. I pulled the bag out, grabbed my crock pot, dumped the mixture in the crock pot with about 1 cup of warm water. I set it on high and continued to clean. It's amazing how many clothes you have to put up for 2 small children! So, as I'm hanging clothes I'm wondering what else to cook with our beef tips. We decided on mashed potatoes, corn on the cob, and I had been craving Homemade Gourmet World Vision Basic Bread. I must admit that I love Homemade Gourmet Texas Cornbread so much that that's usually the bread of choice, but I hadn't made the basic bread in a long long time~even though it's so yummy! I actually forgot how to make it. As embarrassing as it is, I was so shocked that I all I had to do was to add milk to the mix and pour melted butter on top of the batter!!! I was like, "This is so easy!" I chose to make it the traditional way....it has several options for different breads such as Cheddar/Beer bread. My kids went crazy over it and I think my husband had about 1/4 of the loaf himself. Basic Bread yields: one loaf or 18 - 20 muffins. Total Time: 45 minutes for loaf, 15 - 17 minutes for muffins.


An added bonus of the Homemade Gourmet World Vision Basic Bread Mix is that a portion of the proceeds from your purchase of this bread is donated to World Vision. See my website for more information about World Vision.


Burgundy Beef Tips
Ingredients:
2 lbs Stew meat, cubed
2 scoops Sunday Roast Seasoning
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 4oz can mushrooms (optional)
½ cup water
Directions:
Label bag as burgundy beef tips with today’s date
Pour in 1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup (low sodium) and 4oz mushrooms(optional)
Add 4 tablespoons Sunday Roast Seasoning
Seal bag and SMOOSH

Meal Suggestions:
Mom’s Smashed Potatoes
Green Beans
World Vision Bread

Best if cooked in slow cooker on High for 4-6 hours. Make sure to add ½ cup of water or red cooking wine (Merlot or Burgundy wines work well). This meal can be also be served over 5-minute white rice or egg noodles with a side salad.

1 comment:

Youthleadergina said...

I love burgandy beef tips. Yummy!
One of my favorites.