Monday, December 17, 2007

Skillet Lasagna Mix

Sunday evening I was looking for a quick meal. I had 5 lbs of ground beef-that I got on sale-so, I decided to cook it all up. I went to my personal storage of my HG mixes and pulled out the Skillet Lasagna Mix. Ingredients: 1 lb ground beef or chicken, diced tomatoes, water, ricotta cheese, mozz cheese-shredded.

I put 1 lb of the meat in a skillet and the rest of the 5 lbs in a larger pan. While that was going on I made the cheese topping and garlic spread for my loaf of French bread. This mix gives you enough seasoning for the cheese topping and for the garlic bread, just mix with butter.

I had to add extra water and allow more time for the pasta to tender. Make sure you use a pan that has a lid that fits tight.

I also made a Caesar Salad to go along with our meal. Well, my husband just loved it and said it was better then lasagna and my 5 yr-old kept telling me, "this is good Mom." It made so much that we went ahead and had it as left-overs for dinner tonight.

In the amount of time it took for me to have this dinner ready I also have 4 bags of pre cooked meat. 3 in the freezer and I have one out for some quick tacos later this week. I'll just sprinkle some Taco Seasoning and maybe a little of the Tortilla seasoning to the beef for a yummy taco taste!

No comments: