Tuesday, January 8, 2008

It's been a while since I've had time to post about meal time...sorry! So, I wanted to go back to December when I planned ahead. This continues from my post back on the 17th.

Well, my pre-cooked ground beef was a great help to me during the holiday rush. With 2 lbs of meat I made Homemade Gourmet's Bonnie's Blue Ribbon Chili. I also made Texas Cornbread muffins. My husband just loves the chili. The kids don't eat this since it has a bit of a spiciness to it. It makes so much that I had some for lunch and we had again for dinner that same week. I saved money and time with just this one meal!!

With another pound of meat we had tacos!! I simply thawed my meat, added 1 tablespoon of HG Taco and Tortilla Seasoning, just a bit of water , then heated in the microwave. I warmed up pre-made taco shells, took our our sour cream, lettuce, and tomatoes and dinner was done! Oh yea, I also made HG's Hot Enchilada Dip. My daughter just loved her tacos. I made myself a taco salad instead of just tacos. It was a great/easy meal that everyone loved. With the leftovers, I was able to get lunch for me and the kids the next day.

For the last 1lb of meat...I added this to my remaining Hot Enchilada Dip (makes a ton) for a holiday party. This was a great hit and I had a quick and yummy dip that I just had to warm up!!

What meals are in your freezer?

Hot Enchilade Dip

3 1/2 tablespoons-or to your taste- Chicken Enchilada Seasoning
1 10oz can Rotel (diced tomatoes with or with out green chilies)
22oz Velveeta Cheese, cubed
1 cup milk

Combine all ingredients in 1 1/2 quart pan.
Heat slowly on medium heat, stirring often.
Serve with chips.

Even easier when made in a crockpot!

No comments: