Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Kitchen Connection Magazines


I've been planning my meal calendar for the next two weeks today (here and there). Well, today I decided to go back to my Kitchen Connection Magazines, and I'll tell you why. I normally use my recipe cards from all of my Pantry Staples. These are all in my meal planner organizer....literally 100's of entrees at my finger tips! Well, I decided I needed to try something different. I guess I just feel like I'm in that 'trap', you know the one, where you keep making the same things because you are familiar with them. Recently, I've been reading all the fabulous reviews that other HG Meal Planners have been saying on our HG group. They have been talking about the new 4 meals in 4 minutes planner from this month's KC magazine. As I'm reading the post I'm thinking, "wow, that sounds yummy, or I have to try that one!" So, this month , it is all about the past years 4m4m recipes that I have yet to try!


When I get a new edition of a KC magazine I pull out the 4m4m meal planner, hole punch it, and then put in my meal planner organizer. Today I grabbed them out, and so far I have 6 meals I'm ready to try! Of course, I'll make sure to add a bit more meat in each freezer bag to insure leftovers! Remember COST Cooking!!


I didn't stop there. I'm in need of different sides and dessert ideas. I've been going through each KC magazine to find these recipes. It reminded me just how valuable the KC magazines are. I have found at least 1 side/dessert recipe in each edition that I want to make in the next few weeks. I don't pull any of these other recipes out of the magazine, but you could and hole punch to add to your personal organizer.


Well, don't find yourself making the same thing week after week-there's no need to with the valuable resources HG gives us! Now that my menu is planned and my grocery list made...I just need to hit Sam's tomorrow and then it's Meal Making time!


I would love to hear which recipes your family loves from a KC magazine!!

No comments: